Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cats and Crocuses by the River

Cat in a Tree

Old Bridge on the Shushwap at Enderby

Today the photos are from April 2009. This hole in our old crabapple tree we used to fill with a raccoon made of concrete, but that day it was being used by next door's cat. This is the one that was removed as a kitten by our Labrador "Sam" from the property,  delivering it home by mouth, causing many tears from its owner! It survived OK! And Sam survived too! We were once threatened by another neighbor with shooting him "if they ever caught Sam chasing a deer again" but fortunately it remained only a threat...

3 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Cute kitty playing hide-and-seek. I enjoyed your mention of fishing for tadpoles near Bingley as a child.

Desiree said...

Your photography is just so beautiful! I have so much to learn...trouble is, I'm lazy. I just want to be able to point, shoot and then have a perfect picture, and I know it doesn't work that way to get a really great result. My husband is so patient with me...I think he feels tempted, often, just to give up on me, yet never shows it!

The kitty cat in the tree trunk would make such a lovely poster. Is the last one another of your digital paintings? It's beautiful!

H said...

I expect that Sam felt it fully within his rights to remove a trespassing kitten from his property! (Correction, he probably felt that it was his civic duty!)