Monday, October 8, 2012

Being Thankful

Swan Necked Squash

Pumpkins

Thinking  Young!

Coloured Leaves

Vaseux Lake in the Sunshine

Good Mates
It is Thanksgiving time again here in Canada, when we celebrate all the good things in life, good weather, good food, and good friends. A long time ago Martin Luther gave thanks for his daily bread. Interestingly, he interpreted this as everything needed for life; food and clothing, home and property, work and income, a devoted family, an orderly community, good government, favourable weather, peace and health, a good name, and true friends and neighbours. Not a bad list! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your harvest festival! and "Give us this day, our daily bread"....

3 comments:

FilipBlog said...

I have never seen vegetables as in the first picture. Love the lake view.

Greetings,
Filip

L. D. said...

I tried to grow the swan necked gourds one year and they just didn't survive. I am going to do that again if I can find the seed on the internet. Great photos, I really enjoy seeing what you are up to and where you are in the world.

L. D. said...

I tried to grow the swan necked gourds one year and they just didn't survive. I am going to do that again if I can find the seed on the internet. Great photos, I really enjoy seeing what you are up to and where you are in the world.